The Industrial site was active in the period 1888-2004 producing tar from hard coal, carbon black, naphthalene, phenol, cresols, benzene, coumarone-indene resins, diethylene glycol.
Surface site: 80,000 sq. m.
Demolition and remediation of plant and storage tanks (around 4,800 t of chemical waste present). Building demolition. Removal of pipe system and underground tanks. Remediation of sediments in Rio Venzola.
Executive project phases:
1. Historical reconstruction of the production processes
2. Plant-building survey with laser scanner technology (dimensional characterization)
3. Mapping of asbestos-containing materials/elements (MCA) and man-made vitreous fibres (FAV)
4. Chemical-physical characterization of site waste and residues present in tanks and plant
5. Chemical risk assessment related to remediation activities
6. Definition of operational protocols